Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Almost Home

If it was winter in Tamil Nadu, it's effing WINTER up here. Especially in Dharmsala, which is in the mountains. We came with our South Indian clothes and had to immediately buy a bunch of funky wool-wear against the all too Seattle-like rain and cold. We called ourselves the Eskimo fashion show. So. I got to see the Himalayas. I got to see the Dalai Lama speak three times. He came within five feet of me. I got to march for the freedom of Tibet with a bunch of monks and refugees and refugee monks. I got to talk to Tibetans who had to walk over the Himalayas to escape the awefulness and destruction that is Tibet right now. It takes at least a month to walk over those imposing mountains. Many people die in them. I got to do all these things. It was wonderful an amazing and all sorts of beauty as usual. Now we are back in Delhi, tired and sad from a long and rather hellish bus ride. One of our group found out about the death of her father last night, so we are trying to get her home. Please send us your good vibes. Send a few vibes to Tibet too, if you can. I can't wait to be home, I will see you all soon.

Much love,

Julia

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are all sending you and the Tibetens and your friend who has suffered the loss of her dad, all of our very best thoughts.
You have had an amazing journey and have done a wonderful job of soaking it all up as Hannah said. It will be wonderful to have you home. Love you

11:12 AM, March 15, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home