Friday, February 02, 2007

my feet



i know that when i get back i will find it difficult to remember not to remove my shoes before coming into a house or going in to a class. i love being barefoot. i love my dirt orange toenails. i love how the fish nibble at my skin when i dip my feet in the pond here. i love how sometimes my feet trip over the ant moat on my way up the ladder to my capsule. i love how i still have to take off my shoes to enter the capsule, which is pretty much just some elevated outsideness made of sticks and rope. i love how i kick at the mosquito net with my feet from the inside to get the bugs off and to scare the rat in the ceiling into shutting up for a while. i love how my feet are started to get wider from doing yoga.

i miss you.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We ALL miss you too. A lot. And your writing is still gorgeous. Have to admit the rat thing kind of makes me feel creepy but the rest sounds fabulous.

5:21 AM, February 07, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home