Tuesday, February 27, 2007

the numbers



the number of degrees the temperature has
gone up this week: 15

the number of gallons of sweat I sweated today: 100

the number of showers I took in the last ten days: 0

the number of days I went without food: 2

the number of times I was hungry: 0

the number of new people of great amazingness
I will know in Seattle now: 14

the number of pairs of clean underwear I have: 0

the number of smiles in the last ten days: a million

the number of tears: a million

the number of nights I slept outside way
up on some rocks under some stars: 10

the number of sunsets and sunrises I saw: 20

the number of mosquito bites on me: a million and one

the number of years I have now: 20

the number of people in the world who can say
they emerged from two days of solitude in a tree-
cave on their 20th birhtday: 1

the number of days I have left in this place: 18

the number of times I wish to thank the universe
for all this: infinite

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This made me feel so good for you. And the number of times I have thought of you since you were here: a million at least. Love you.

4:10 AM, February 27, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home